Saturday, August 1, 2009

Goodbye, Madame Cory


I was barely three years old when your husband died. I was barely seven years old when you took office. During your presidency, I was a grade school student whose only concerns were school, games with friends, and weekend outings with my family.

I actually had to review my history to know you more. Today, though, while listening to the radio, I realized that your legacy is not just your government that restored democracy in this country; it is not just the laws you passed during your term. Your legacy includes the lives you touched during your lifetime.

I heard enough testimonies about your humility, sincerity, and propriety as a leader. I hope our leaders learn from you. If only these past few days are a proof, you are one of those worthy to be called "a leader".

No comments:

Post a Comment